Coal Mining in Illinois
 

Braceville Businesses

 
Braceville HomeBusinesses Churches Education Photos
 
W.C. Sheppard Co. General Store
W.C. Sheppard Co. General Store
This was one of two grocery and dry goods stores operated in the town. It was owned and operated by W.C. Sheppard and was located on Mitchell Street. The other grocery was owned by J.C. Lutz.

The Chicago & Alton Train Station
The Chicago & Alton Train Station

 

 
The origanl train station burned down in 1907 and was replace by this one in November of 1912. The building was built by B.R. Maxwell, contractor. It was 55 ft. by 21.5 feet of red brick veneer and stucco veneer with a slate roof. The outside woodwork was painted a burnt umber. The interior was calcimined with sand finished walls and ceilings. The walls were tinted green, the ceilings buff, trimmed in golden oak, with oiled maple floors.

 

James McCall, Justice of the Peace is the third man from the right.

 

James McCall, Justice of the Peace is the third man from the right.